Q: What questions should a Reiki practitioner ask the client?
A: Before a session, there are a few goals that the Reiki practitioner has. The questions the practitioner asks will relate to these goals. Here are the goals, and my suggestions for questions:
Goal: To make sure the client understands what Reiki is and may feel like
- Have you had Reiki before?
- If yes: How did it feel to you/ how did it help you that time?
- If no: Tell the client about the various clairs – ways in which people are naturally sensitive to energy – and how Reiki may feel through each. Here is a post which offers quick way to understand them.
Goal: To help the client be aware of improvements from the Reiki session
This starts before the session. You need to find out the client’s “before” state so you can compare it with “after.”
- How are you feeling now? (Ask before and again after the session is complete).
- Are there any physical, emotional, or health-related issues you would like the Reiki to address?
- Are you receiving other treatments for this condition? (Reiki is not a substitute but considered complementary to any medical or other treatment one may be receiving. One never tells the client to discontinue any current course of treatment, nor does one diagnose the client or suggest other routes of care – ever – unless the Reiki practitioner is also a licensed medical professional.)
When you receive answers to these questions, you can follow up with other questions regarding scheduling another session, the benefits of Reiki, or other concerns that you are specifically addressing during this appointment. Many times clients like to talk about what they are experiencing during the session, so you may end up talking about that with the client as well.
This short list is intended to get you started, and may not be the only questions you would ask your client. They open the door to a natural dialog with the client that can help the session be most effective and make everyone comfortable.
To learn more about Reiki, or schedule a Reiki session in person or by distance, visit ReikiAwakening.com. I’m here to help!