Q: How do I know if my Reiki attunement was done right?
A: If you were attuned to Reiki, here are some basic things that needed to be in place:
- The person who attuned you is at the Master level of Reiki, which empowers him or her to pass on attunements – to empower others to practice Reiki
- The person who attuned you intended for you to receive the attunement, regardless of whatever symbols, rituals, or lack of them he or she used
- You intended to receive the attunement
If all of the above were in place, consider yourself attuned. To further check, you could see if when you work with the Reiki energy if you feel or experience the energy flowing in any way. If not, you may need further instruction and possibly another attunement.
Keep in mind these things:
- Feeling Reiki gets easier – the energy feels stronger, the sensations increase – as you practice. So, just like working a new muscle, exercise is important. Mindful daily practice will yield the best results.
- You need to understand the way YOU experience energy – get in touch with your clair. Click here to learn more about that.
- You should work with a teacher who can guide you and help you feel supported as you learn and experience more about Reiki healing. A good teacher won’t want her student to flounder or feel unsure. For me, my students’ success is my first priority when it comes to working with Reiki.
I’m here to help. Find me and more information about Reiki at ReikiAwakening.com.