Q: Do I need to protect my energy if I do Reiki?
A: It’s a good idea. Not because we can “catch” bad energy from our Reiki clients, but because the more we do this work, the more our intuition develops. The intuition is centered in our sixth and seventh chakras, the highest major chakras in our energy system. So we become “open” to new insights as our intuition grows. And that’s a good thing for working with Reiki.
But being more “open” intuitively also means that we are more susceptible to any energy that finds our bright light attractive. There are negative energies around, and you don’t need to be “afraid” of them, but you should also be smart in the way you understand that being more intuitive attracts them to your light, like a magnet.
What can you do? Some simple protection techniques will do the trick.
- Ask for protection before beginning any energy work. Yep, just ask. Ask Source, or your Higher Self, or your Guides and Angels….anyone you feel spiritually connected with from a higher vibration.
- Intend that your aura be protected by light and love as you begin your work. Intention is all you need – it’s the basis of all energy work.
- If you start to feel uncomfortable in any way, just intend “shields up” like around a Star Trek ship! You are intending for your energetic boundaries to be protected and negative energy not to be able to get in. Again, INTENTION. It’s powerful.
- Ground your energy before and after sharing energy, meditating, or anything which involves your intuitive senses. Grounding is very important and it will send negative energy down to the earth where it can be transmuted into positive again.
- Try using crystals in your space, pockets, or cleanse the space with sage, a cleansing mist, chimes, or run energy through the space. Wash your hands with water after a healing session.So it’s not that Reiki is the reason for protecting your energy. It’s that your growing intuition makes your light more open and visible (and attractive) to any negative energy that may be around. Protection is prudent, quick, and a practice that is just a good thing to adopt into your regular routine.
For advice on intuitive development and energetic protection techniques, visit ReikiAwakening.com/ebook.html. I have an ebook with more useful information and practices you can adopt as needed, plus it includes access to a free self-attunement for high level protection. I’m here to help!